Sh. Vivek Sheel Soni IPS, SSP, SAS Nagar through a press note said that during the operation conducted by Mohali Police against the bad elements and gangsters as per the guidelines issued by Punjab government, under the supervision of Sh. Amandeep Singh Brar, S.P. (Inv.), Sh Gursher Singh Dy.S.P (Inv.), I/C CIA Inspector Shiv Kumar along with his team arrested the gangster Ashwani Kumar @ Sarpanch S/o Sham Lal R/o Village Khizrabad PS Pehowa, Haryana in case FIR No 278 date 11.06.2022 U/s 379B IPC 25 Arms Act PS Sohana, SAS Nagar.
During his interrogation, he confessed that he had fired on Hotel G-Regency, Zirakpur & Brew Bros, Mohali in March 2022 with his accomplice Parshant Hindraw S/o Rajinder Singh R/o Village Hashupur, Distt Hapur (UP) for extortion. He also supplies arms and ammunition to gangsters in Punjab state. Total 21 illegal weapons have been recovered from him in last one year.
FIR No: 118 date 12.03.2022 U/s 386,427,506,34,120B IPC, 25 Arms Act, PS Sohana, SAS Nagar
Arrest Accused : Ashwani Kumar @ Sarpanch S/o Sham Lal R/o Village Khizrabad PS Pehowa, Haryana
1. One pistol 30 bore with 05 alive cartridges.
2. Four pistols 32 bore with 07 alive cartridges.
3. One revolver .22 bore with 10 alive cartridges.
4. One pistol 315 bore desi with 03 alive cartridges.
5. One Activa bearing no: PB-65-X-9189
(Which was registered in name of Durga Parshad S/o Shiv Kumar Prajapati R/o # 44, Khushal Enclave, Zirakpur and used in fire at G Regency, Zirakpur.)
6. One Hoody colour Yellow and jean pants
(Clothes worn at the time of incident.)
Criminal History :
1. Ashwani Kumar @ Sarpanch
• FIR No 115 date 26.07.2021 U/s 25 Arms Act, PS Gharshankar, Hoshiarpur.
• Fir No. 66/12 U/s 386,353,34 IPC 25 Ars Act, PS Special Cell, Delhi.
2. Parshan Hindraw
• FIR No 423 date 24.11.2018 U/s 302,307,120B IPC, PS Ambala City, HRY.
• FIR No 19 date 03.02.2019 U/s 392,307,148,149 IPC, 25 Arms Act, PS Tripari, Patiala.
Further important revelations are expected from them. Accused Parshant Hindraw is presently lodged in Mandouli Jail, Delhi. The case is under investigation.