Updated on Jun 19, 2019 08:24:27



Authorities foil JRL Anantang ‘Jalsa’

Friday prayers disallowed in Jamia Masjid

Rouf Pampori

Rouf Pampori

5 Dariya News

Srinagar , 15 Dec 2017

Police on Friday foiled the joint resistance camp’s Islamabad Jalsa Program while in a bid to stop people from marching towards Islamabad, entry points towards the district were sealed and almost all the separatist leaders and activists were either arrested or placed under house detention.    Joint Resistance Leadership comprising Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik had asked people to participate in Jalsa to be held in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district. However, Government imposed restrictions in parts of Srinagar city and Anantnag district. Internet was also blocked in some Southern districts.  Reports said that life was completely disrupted in Anantang today in wake of the JRL call and subsequent curfew imposed by authorities. All the shops and business estalishments remained shut in Anantnag while traffic remained also off the roads.Witnesses said police and paramilitary CRPF men had placed concertina wire on main roads in different parts of Kashmir, virtually sealing all the entry points leading towards Anantnag.yewitnesses said that strict restrictions were imposed in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district and its adjoining areas.A large number of policemen and Para military Central Reserve Police Force personnel were seen manning the roads in South Kashmir districts including Kulgam and Anantnag. 

 Some activists tried to organize a protest in Anantnag amid restrictions, however, police swung into action and detained them. A police official told news agency that Mehrajuddin Dar and Umar Adil Dar both residents of Soiteng Srinagar were detained after trying to organize a protest. They were lodged in police station Sherbagh. Police detained Mirwaiz Umar Farooq after he tried to come out from his Nigeen based residence here in Kashmir capital Srinagar to proceed towards South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.    Reports said that Mirwaiz who was under house detention tried to come out from his residence, however, police deployed in large numbers outside his residence foiled his attempt and detained him.  The JKLF chief Muhammad Yasin Malik has been lodged in Srinagar central jail while Geelani continues to remain under house arrest.Reports said that once again no Friday prayers were allowed in historic Jamia Masjid Srinagar. “Authorities had imposed strict restrictions to curb the movement of the people,” said a lcal from Nowhatta. Authorities also paced senior separatist leader Aga Syed Hasan under house arrest. A police official said that situation remained peaceful throughout Valley.  (CNS)





related news



Photo Gallery



Video Gallery