Updated on Jan 16, 2021 23:30:55

 

Mask is only vaccine to avert COVID-19's second wave

60% of people wear masks in Ludhiana, finds survey

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News

Ludhiana , 04 Nov 2020

With the second wave of COVID-19 has already started arriving in some of the states, a seminar on how to prevent another wave in the district was organised under Mission Fateh at Police Lines here on Wednesday.The seminar was presided over by the Deputy Commissioner (DC) Ludhiana Varinder Kumar Sharma, Commissioner of Police (CP) Ludhiana Rakesh Agrawal and Civil Surgeon Ludhiana Dr Rajesh Bagga. Secretary DMC Hospital Managing Society Prem Kumar Gupta was also present at the seminar. During the seminar, Deputy Commissioner Varinder Kumar Sharma said that it was only with the cooperation of all the residents that the district has managed to take control over the COVID-19 situation but now to prevent the second wave of COVID-19 was another challenge for them.“Masks are the only vaccine to avert the second wave,” DC said while appealing people to adhere all the COVID-19 safety protocols ahead of the festive season.CP Ludhiana Rakesh Agrawal appealed to the attendees from different walks of life including religious bodies, industrialists, market associations, Railways, Bus Stand etc to encourage people to wear masks as this was the only way to prevent themselves from another wave of COVID-19.Dr Bishav Mohan, a senior cardiologist from DMC Hospital also presented a survey highlighting “Public Behaviour Regarding Effective Mask Usage in Ludhiana City” conducted jointly the team of DMC Hospital and Ludhiana District Police.Dr Bishav Mohan said that the survey finds that 60 per cent of people in the Ludhiana wear masks while remaining 40 per cent either don’t wear masks or wear without covering their nose.He said that if 90 per cent residents in the district start wearing masks properly, there were 80 per cent chances to control the second wave of the COVID-19, which was expected to arrive in mid of December.Dr Bishav Mohan said that if we can encourage people at Religious Places including Temples, Gurdwaras, Church and Masjids, and Public Places like Markets, Railway Station and Bus Stand to wear masks it could help in breaking the COVID-19 chain.All the representatives from Religious Places, Markets, Railways, Industrialists, Bus Stand assured to make every possible effort to encourage people to wear masks.Meanwhile, this was the biggest scientific survey on masks conducted in India by the administration and DMC Hospital team including Dr Bishav Mohan and Dr Sarit Sharma.

DC, CP launch short documentary, poster 

Deputy Commissioner Varinder Kumar Sharma and Commissioner of  Police Ludhiana Rakesh Agrawal also launched an online short documentary and a poster depicting the “Importance of Wearing Mask” prepared by Advocate Harpreet Sandhu and Dr Bishav Mohan, with the consent of Health Minister Punjab Balbir Singh Sidhu.Harpreet Sandhu, who is also Vice-President of Sewa Sankalp Society said that the documentary depicts the significance of mask for safety measures to fight Covid-19 among the citizens of Ludhiana. 

 

Tags: DC Ludhiana , Varinder Kumar Sharma , Rakesh Kumar Agrawal , Deputy Commissioner Ludhiana , Commissioner of Police Ludhiana , Punjab Fights Corona , Coronavirus , COVID 19 , Novel Coronavirus , India Fights Corona

 

 

related news

 

 

Photo Gallery

 

 

Video Gallery