Saturday, 25 June 2022

 

 

LATEST NEWS DC Ludhiana Surabhi Malik Reviews Flood Protection Works Ahead Of Monsoon Season Law and order situation in Punjab under control, Sangrur elections held without any violence: Malvinder Singh Kang Divyang warriors call on Governor Cabinet Gives Nod For Amending Punjab Right To Business Rules, 2020 To Facilitate Expansion By Existing Industrial Units Ranveer Vs Wild: The Action-Packed Trailer Shows Ranveer On A Quest To Find Flower That Never Dies For Deepika Shamshera Trailer: Ranbir Kapoor Fights Tooth & Nail To Gain Freedom From The Unfair British Rule Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann Leads Punjab Vidhan Sabha In Obituary References To Noted Personalities Akshit Sukhija reveals he's fascinated by grey characters Rashmika Mandanna laughs off report claiming she demands flight tickets for her dog from producers! Surya, Jyothika's 2D Entertainment to present Sai Pallavi-starrer 'Gargi' Samantha at top spot as south dominates India's most popular female stars list Ravi Shastri recalls his historic 'six sixes' moment as a player and commentator Star Ratings for vehicles based on crash tests : Nitin Gadkari Bhushan Kumar gifts Kartik Aaryan India's first GT Orange McLaren to celebrate 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2' success 'Waiting for power to be switched on': Pat Cummins shares experience of dinner outing with teammates FC Goa sign striker Alvaro Vazquez on a two-year deal 'DID L'il Masters 5': Mouni Roy finds childhood version of herself in contestant Rishita Teaser of 'Modern Love Hyderabad' out now Kunal Jaisingh's definition of a hero: One who keeps doing romance, action, comedy Rajkummar Rao takes break from honeymoon to launch 'Hit' trailer Pakistan introduces separate contracts for red, white-ball formats; increases match fees

 

Kapurthala Leads The State To Start Lift Irrigation With Treated Water Of Village Ponds

Soil And Water Conservation Minister Rana Gurjit Singh Launches The Project In Three Villages

Rana Gurjit Singh, Rana Gurjeet Singh, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, Congress, Punjab Congress, Government of Punjab, Punjab Government, Punjab, Kapurthala

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News

Kapurthala , 12 Dec 2021

Kapurthala district has become the leader in the state of Punjab to implement the first of it's kind lift irrigation with treated water from village ponds project here from three villages namely aujla jogi , Bishanpur and kala sanghian today.40.34 hectare land from these villages would have this unique irrigation facility.The Minister for soil and water conservation Mr Rana Gurjit singh who is the chief architect behind this ground water saving project sanctioned this after assuming the office as cabinet Minister nearly 2 and half months ago.While inaugurating the project , the Minister said that this is the major step to implement the report submitted by the special committee constituted by the Punjab vidhan sabha to save the ground water of Punjab.It may be mentioned here that the Punjab vidhan sabha committee under the chairmanahip of than MLA Rana Gurjit Singh have also 6 MLA from across the party lines has submitted the 248 pages report on March 24, 2021.

Urging the people especially farmers to come farward to save the only natural resource with the state, The Minister said that as per the findings of the vidhan sabha committee the situation is alarming as more than 83 % tubewells is 300 feet deep and remaining 17 % are more than 500 feet deep .He said that " we are duty bound towards the next generations to maintain balance between recharging and extraction of water".Terming the project as a game changer , he said that under this 25 to 30 % water to be saved as the treated water of ponds would irrigate the nearby lands of village with the lift irrigation via diesel Pumps.Officials of water resources department informed that in Bishanpur village 8.30 hectare area with Rs 10.79 lakh , 16.40 hectare in Aujla Jogi village with 14.10 lakh and 25.64 hectare in kala sanghaian with Rs. 23.84 lakh brought under the lift irrigation. In other four villages Khukhrain, Nawan Pind , Chak dona and Bhandal dona would also witnessed the start of lift irrigation from ponds soon.Prominent amongst present on the occasion included chief soil conservation officer Mahinder singh , Divisional soil conservation officer Dilawar singh , Deputy divisional soil conservation officer Manpreet singh.

 

Tags: Rana Gurjit Singh , Rana Gurjeet Singh , Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee , Congress , Punjab Congress , Government of Punjab , Punjab Government , Punjab , Kapurthala

 

 

related news

 

 

 

Photo Gallery

 

 

Video Gallery

 

 

5 Dariya News RNI Code: PUNMUL/2011/49000
© 2011-2022 | 5 Dariya News | All Rights Reserved
Powered by: CDS PVT LTD