Monday, 27 June 2022




Opponent Political Parties Are Issueless : Aruna Chaudhary

Captain Amarinder Led Punjab Government Fulfilled 85 Percent Promises Of Its Election Manifesto

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News

Hoshiarpur , 18 Mar 2021

On completion of four years of Punjab Government led by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, Social Security, Women and Child Development Minister Aruna Chaudhary on Thursday said that with fulfilment of 85 percent promises made up with the people during run up to the Vidhan Sabha polls, the rival political parties in the state had become issueless and directionless, which were hell bent to find ‘political ground’. While interacting with the media persons here at District Administrative Complex on completion of Captain Amarinder led Punjab Government’s four years in office, Aruna Chaudhary asserted that the State Government had taken landmark decisions to safeguards the interest of all sections of society besides scaling new heights of growth and prosperity for Punjab.Listing a few historic endeavours of Punjab Government, the Minister pointed out that the social security pensions had touched three-fold increase as compare to previous Government as well as enhancing amount of Ashirwad (earlier it was Shagun) scheme from Rs. 21,000 to 51,000 besides free travel to women in state transport buses. Captain Amarinder Singh led Punjab Government is fully committed to fulfil the remaining promises within months to come, said Aruna Chaudhary adding that women empowerment and child development was also one of the focused sector during last four years.Referring to a query, the Minister informed that Punjab Government had decided to construct seven state-of-the-art women hostels for working women across state at an outlay of proposed Rs. 50 crore, of which Rs. 11 crore had been released and the work on two working women hostels at Barnala and Mansa would start shortly. Punjab Government has opened SAKHI-one stop centres in all districts are proving immensely helpful for women facing different atrocities, made 50 percent reservation for women in Panchayats and urban local bodies, said Minister adding that a monthly monetary assistance of Rs. 8000 are also being provided to victims of acid attacks in the state.

Accompanied by the MLAs Pawan Kumar Adia and Dr. Raj Kumar Chabbewal, the Minister,while answering another question pertaining issue of Aanganwari Workers, said that major issues of Aanganwari workers had already been addressed and the rest ones would also be considered sympathetically. There are 155 blocks in state and nearly 27,000 aanganwari workers, who worked zealously as front line workers amid the peak of COVID-19 to provide requisite assistance for mothers and infants, informed she adding that as many as 32 child marriages were stopped alone in lockdown period.MLA from Sham Chaurasi Pawan Kumar Adia said that 80 percent construction of Government College at Dholbaha had been completed and the rest 20 percent would be accomplished soon. He said that this college would be made operational shortly which would be a milestone in higher education for the students of Dholbaha and adjoining areas.Chabbewal MLA Dr. Raj Kumar thanked Punjab Government for unprecedented development in his constituency in last four years and said that the land had already been acquired in Mukhliana for construction of Government College (co-ed) at a cost of Rs. 16 crore. For setting up of ITI College in Chabbewal constituency, the Punjab Government has already given in-principal approval, said Dr. Raj Kumar adding that Rs. 53.77 crore had been incurred on construction and repair of roads. He said that a big reprieve for the daily commuters had been ensured by the Punjab Government with the construction of Vichohi-Parsowal bridge at a cost of Rs. 2.3 crore. In promotion of sports culture, the Punjab Government has approved 10 sports grounds and 70 gyms in Chabbewal.Prominent amongst those present on the occasion included Chairman Punjab Backward Classes Commission Sarwan Singh, ADC (G) Amit Kumar Panchaal, Assistant Commissioner Kirpalveer Singh, District Congress President Dr. Kuldeep Nanda, Chairman Market Committee Rajesh Gupta, District Congress General Secretaries Rajnish Tandon, Gulshan Rai, Deepak Puri, Shadi Lal, Sunish Jain, Ravi Mohan Jain etc.


Tags: Aruna Chaudhary , Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee , Congress , Chandigarh , Punjab Congress , Government of Punjab , Punjab Government , Punjab , Punjab Social Security , Women and Child Development , Hoshiarpur



related news




Photo Gallery



Video Gallery



5 Dariya News RNI Code: PUNMUL/2011/49000
© 2011-2022 | 5 Dariya News | All Rights Reserved
Powered by: CDS PVT LTD