One of the most popular and in-demand entrance exams BITSAT has started. Its registration process on January 04, 2019. It is a university level exam which is conducted by BITS Pilani every year. The application has been released online. The students can fill the application form for BITSAT Exam on the official website.To register for BITSAT exam 2019, male candidates have to pay INR 3150 and female candidates have to pay INR 2650. In order to take admission in any of the three colleges of BITS, a candidate has to qualify BITSAT Exam. By qualifying the BITSAT Exam a student can seek admission on BE/ B.Tech, B.Pharma and M.Sc. courses of the academic year 2019.As per the BITSAT Exam Pattern, each subject will have different weightage. There will be a total of 150 questions in the BITSAT Exam. The number of questions asked from Chemistry and Physics will be 40, from English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning total number of questions asked will be 25(15+10) and from Mathematics/Biology total of 45 questions will be asked.There will be only objective type questions asked from 4 different sections including physics, chemistry, English +Logical reasoning and Mathematics/Biology.
Marking Scheme for BITSAT Exam 2019
The entire question paper comprises 450 marks. Each correct answer will reward 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 marks which means at each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted from the candidate’s score.Therefore, following the BTSAT Exam pattern and keeping the negative marking in mind is important. The students should attempt the paper carefully and answer only those questions that they are confident about. Too much of negative marking can lead to a poor score.
Important Topics-Subject wise
Units & Measurement, Work and Energy, Kinematics, Rotational Motion, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Waves, Oscillations, Electrostatics, Heat,Impulse and Momentum, and Thermodynamics.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Surface Chemistry.
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning
Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Composition, Verbal Reasoning, Nonverbal Reasoning, Detecting Missing Links, Synonyms, Following Directions, Classifying Words, Alphabet Test, Binary Logic, Syllogism.
Algebra, Differential calculus, Trigonometry, Integral calculus, Probability, Ordinary Differential Equations, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Statistics, Vectors, Mathematical modelling, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, and Linear Programming.
Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Ecology and Environment,Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function –Animals & Plants, Biotechnology and its Applications, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Biology and Human Welfare.
NOTE: First, a student must complete the entire syllabus from NCERT Books and then use other study materials.
Important Dates for the BITSAT Exam
Here are all the events related to the BITSAT Exam and the dates on which they are scheduled:
Tips and Tricks That Will be Helpful for BITSAT Preparation
• Make a schedule for studying as per BITSAT Exam pattern.
• Do not spend much time on topics consisting of low marks.
• Focus on your weak areas and allocate maximum time to it.
• Study as per the marking scheme and follow the BITSAT Exam pattern for studying.
• Do not mug up the syllabus at the last moment, just revise what you have learned so far.
• Target the topics having high weightage and try to solve as much as theoretical and numerical based questions as you can.
• Keep on revising the topics weekly so that you have a good hold of all that you have studied so far.
• After completing your entire syllabus, solve the previous year question papers and try to understand the pattern and analyse the question papers carefully.
• Be focused, and do not lose motivation.
• Keep on learning and implementing your knowledge of various theoretical and numerical based questions.