Updated on Nov 18, 2018 23:11:28

 

 

Govt playing with students' careers: Kiran Choudhry

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News

Chandigarh , 22 Apr 2016

Kiran Choudhry, Leader of the Haryana Congress Legislature Party, has flayed the Haryana Government, led by Mr Manohar Lal Khattar, for playing with the careers of students of the Goldfield Institute of Medical Sciences, Ballabgarh, which has been closed and demanded prompt action to ensure that their year is not wasted.In a statement issued here today, the former excise and taxation minister condemned the move of the state government to give the institute time till April 25 for its revival. “If the institute could not do the needful over years, what makes the government expect it to do in a week’s time? Instead of giving the defaulting institute time, the government should expedite the process of adjustment of the students in other colleges so that they do not lose out on precious time and one year”, she demanded. 

Ms Choudhry said that when the students met Mr Rahul Gandhi, Congress Vice-President, the other day he assured them that justice would be done and the Congress would see to it that their year does not go waste. “The Congress is committed to their cause and will ensure that the students are adjusted in other colleges without any loss of time”, she said.About 400 students of the Goldfield Institute of Medical Sciences--60 per cent are from government quota and the remaining 40 per cent from management quota--have been running from pillar to post since the management closed the college in February without allowing its students to complete their MBBS course. They fear that one year of their career will be wasted in case the government fails to adjust them in other colleges immediately, she added.

 

Tags: Kiran Choudhry

 

 

related news

 

 

Photo Gallery

 

 

Video Gallery