After various research and tests, health experts say that mumps is a serious viral disease due to which the parotid gland becomes enlarged or stretched with pain. These glands are located in front and below the ear and produce saliva and sputum.
The contagious virus is spread from person to person through contact with infected saliva, although it is not an airborne disease.
Special Noticeable Fact:
Kids ranging between the ages of 2 and 12 are most at risk of infection. Due to this disease, the person has severe pain in the cheeks and neck.Elaborations of researchers elaborates that mumps is usually caused by a virus. It can spread from person to person through saliva. It can infect another person by breathing in droplets of saliva from an infected person.Avoidable Habits:
It can spread when an infected person-
The general symptoms of mumps normally appear fifteen to twenty days after the patient has been infected & the noticeable fact is that almost one-fifth of total affected people with the virus do not find any symptoms at all.
Studies have found that initial symptoms of mumps share similarities with flu conditions:
The main symptom is painful and swollen parotid glands, one of three The swelling normally takes some time to get relief:
Through researches it has been found that adults can contract mumps in these cases, the symptoms are generally similar but at times on turning severe conditions then issues could be like:
Quite rare cases have been observed that mumps can be taken as a threat to other related diseases such as:
• The trouble of swelling in the testicles: This condition, known as orchitis, causes one or both testicles to swell in puberty men. This can lead to infertility later on
• Inflammation of brain: Encephalitis can cause neurological problems and can be life-threatening.
• The problem related to the nervous system: This condition can occur when the mumps virus spreads through your bloodstream to infect your central nervous system.
• Problems of pancreas: Signs and symptoms of this condition, known as pancreatitis, include upper abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting
Other complications of mumps include:
• Problems like deafness: Hearing loss can occur in one or both ears, although rare, hearing loss is sometimes permanent.
• Heart related issues: Rarely, mumps has been associated with abnormal heartbeats and diseases of the heart muscle.
• Abortion but quite rare: Contraction of mumps while pregnant, especially early in your pregnancy, can lead to miscarriages.
Some home-remedies which can contribute to commendable results :
1. Salty hot water soaking: In case of mumps or mumps, soaking in hot water and salt provides relief. Gargling with salt in hot water is also beneficial.
2. Usage of ginger with black salt :Chop fresh ginger. Dry these pieces. Now wrap it in black salt and suck it. Apart from this, sucking raw ginger with black salt is also beneficial, but dry is more beneficial. Ginger is rich in inflammatory properties, which removes inflammation. It also has anti-viral properties due to which there is no pain.
3. Fenugreek seeds paste :Make a powder by grinding fenugreek seeds. Make a paste and apply it on the mumps. Putting a pinch of salt in it and applying it lukewarm will be more beneficial.
4. Applying Aloe-Vera gel to the affected areas: Aloe vera is also a good medicine for curing mumps. You take aloe vera. Take out the gel. Apply it on the face and affected areas. Add some turmeric to it as well. This will give relief in swelling.
5. Applying black pepper paste on the infected area :Black pepper is a good medicine for mumps. Make powder out of it. Mix this powder in water and apply it on the infected area. You will get to see the result soon.
The spread of infection can be controlled by following precautions: