Sunday, 02 October 2022

 

 

LATEST NEWS Women's Asia Cup : Preparing by playing on slower pitches in Bangalore helped here : Jemimah Rodrigues Women's Asia Cup : Jemimah Rodrigues played really well, we expect things like this from her : Harmanpreet Kaur National Games : I desperately wanted to take part in Gujarat 2022 : injured Bajrang Punia Blood donation our responsibility to help each other : Mansukh Mandaviya Women's Asia Cup : Jemimah Rodrigues makes career-best 76 in India's convincing 41-run win over Sri Lanka Had some reflections about Thiruvananthapuram loss, now it's about putting those right in Guwahati : Wayne Parnell Home Minister Anil Vij's Janata Darbar, Rohtak's Havildar suspended, directions for transfer of two SHOs Google receives 37,282 complaints from Indian users in Aug Shweta Tiwari, Manav Gohil visit Siddhivinayak temple for blessings Feels great to reach the National Games final just before Pro Kabaddi League : Nitin Tomar Hindi trailer of Chiranjeevi's 'GodFather' promises action feast for fans National Games : Badminton star H.S Prannoy returns to court with a facile victory Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacts with Delhi Metro tunnel workers via live Vi 5G network Chobbar Trailer: Jayy Randhawa Shines Bright In New Project & It Is All The Viewers Wanted Rahul Bhandari Emphasises On Optimum Utilization Of Resources To Inform About Pro-People Schemes MLA Tarunpreet Singh Sondh Kickstarts paddy procurement in Khanna grain market, interacts with farmers Jugni: Diljit Dosanjh Finally Unveils The Poster & Title Of His Upcoming Collaboration With Diamond Platnumz Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur announces new Sub Tehsil office to Yol and to upgrade PHC Badoi to CHC WhatsApp bans 23 lakh bad accounts in India as new PDP bill takes shape Shraddha Arya recalls on-screen chemistry with Dheeraj Dhoopar in 'Kundali Bhagya' Brandon King, Fabian Allen take Jamaica Tallawahs to a third CPL title

 

7th National Handloom Day celebrated at Craft Village Kanihama

Principal Secretary exhorts weavers to update designs as per contemporary need of customers

JK Admin, Kashmir, Jammu And Kashmir, Jammu & Kashmir, Srinagar, Jammu, Ranjan Prakash Thakur

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News

Budgam , 07 Aug 2021

Principal Secretary, Industries and Commerce, Ranjan Prakash Thakur, exhorted upon the weavers to update their craft and designs keeping contemporary clientage in mind as customers would have a vast choice to buy products.Principal Secretary made these remarks while addressing the 7th National Handloom day celebration at Craft Tourist Village Kanihama organized jointly by Union Ministry of Textiles and district administration Budgam.The daylong event was also attended by Director Handloom and Handicrafts, Mehmood Ahmad Shah and Additional District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Akramullah Tak, as guests of honor.Principal Secretary maintained that weavers under present scenario had to face a lot of challenges as world has changed and the customers had vast options and choices available with them. He said the thrust should be on publicity and demonstrations as these are proving pivotal pillars in selling products at national and international level.Regarding craft village Kanihama, Ranjan Prakash highlighted the importance of the location saying that the main objective should be to ensure that any tourist visiting Gulmarg shall also go to the centre. “Their visit will not only enhance purchasing but will also boost publicity of this famous product globally”, he maintained.

Speaking on the occasion, Director Handicrafts and Handloom presented a curtain raiser on establishing of craft village Kanihama. He said apart from boosting  potential and talent of weavers of Kani Shawl the department’s motive is to give national and international market directly to the weavers besides saving them from exploitation at the hands of middleman. He said the government is going to introduce several beneficial schemes like Education Scheme policy for small weavers having bunch of incentives for their children.ADDC said that 90 percent work on Kanihama craft village has already been completed while the remaining 10 percent will be completed within 2 months. He said out of Rs 2.59 crore project cost Rs 1.3 crore have been spent till date adding that the craft village centre has been equipped with many basic facilities.Earlier, Principal Secretary inspected the stalls established by many national award winners. He appreciated the efforts of weavers for their overwhelming participation in this unique art.Meanwhile, he also visited demonstration centers where weavers demonstrated their weaving skills on the spot.

 

Tags: JK Admin , Kashmir , Jammu And Kashmir , Jammu & Kashmir , Srinagar , Jammu , Ranjan Prakash Thakur

 

 

related news

 

 

 

Photo Gallery

 

 

Video Gallery

 

 

5 Dariya News RNI Code: PUNMUL/2011/49000
© 2011-2022 | 5 Dariya News | All Rights Reserved
Powered by: CDS PVT LTD