Criticizing the Captain Amarinder Singh-led Congress government in Punjab for selling government quota vaccines to private hospitals, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Punjab affairs co-incharge and MLA from Delhi, Raghav Chadha said that the Captain government had committed another major vaccine scam, thus robbing the people of Punjab of crores of rupees. Raghav Chadha asked Captain Amarinder Singh and the Congress national president to answer five questions related to the vaccine scam.Addressing the media during a press conference convened at the party headquarters here on Friday, Raghav Chadha alleged that Captain Amarinder Singh was following the footsteps of his boss Prime Minister Narendra Modi and looting money from the people of Punjab in times of trouble, by making 'disaster' an ‘opportunity’. Chadha further said that the Captain government of Punjab had purchased the state government quota vaccine at the rate of Rs 400 per dose; but the Captain government had further embezzled crores of rupees by selling these vaccines to private hospitals at a rate of Rs 1,060 per dose and had allowed private hospitals to plunder the people of Punjab financially.
Raghav Chadha asked five questions from Captain Amarinder Singh
1. When Delhi's Arvind Kejriwal government could provide free vaccines to the people of Delhi, then why the Congress government in Punjab could not get it done for the people.
2. Why did the Captain government close down government vaccination centers and allow private hospitals to charge Rs 3,100 for vaccines?
3. Captain Amarinder should tell the people of Punjab that to which Congress leader did he gave crores of rupees collected through black marketing of free medicine.
4. Has the money for the vaccine scam been given to the Congress party high command?
5. Will the Kharge Committee, set up to end the Punjab Congress internal feud, also ask Captain Amarinder Singh about the vaccine scam?
Chadha said that the Captain government had made a big fuss about vaccinating the people of Punjab against Covid, free of cost; but by closing down the government vaccination centers, the people were being forced to get vaccinated from private hospitals at a cost of Rs 3,100. Replying to queries from the media, Raghav Chadha said that when Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu was saying that he had no involvement in the vaccine issue, did Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh commit the vaccine scam? He demanded that Congress national president Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh should make their position clear to the people of Punjab and the country regarding the vaccine scam in the Congress ruled state of Punjab.