Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation presided over the Prize Distribution Function for the 30th National Youth Parliament Competition, 2017-18 for Kendriya Vidyalayas, held here today.Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs has been organising Youth Parliament Competitions in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the past 30 years. Under the scheme of National Youth Parliament Competition for Kendriya Vidyalayas, the 30th Competition in the series was organized during 2017-18 among 125 Kendriya Vidyalayas spread over 25 regions, all over India.The Youth Parliament Scheme aims at familiarizing the students with the practice and procedures of Parliament, techniques of discussion and debate; develop leadership qualities, spirit of self-discipline and tolerance of diverse opinions and healthy competition; inculcating among younger generations the art and skill of effective oratory, righteous expression of views and other virtues of a democratic way of life in them— all of which are the hallmark of a democracy.
Addressing the students, Shri Meghwal gave his valuable inputs to the students about the important nuances of manners and etiquettes of the members and conduct of business in the Parliament, quoting from actual instances of important parliamentary debates of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The Minister encouraged the students to join politics and focus on developmental issues of social importance in their future performances. He congratulated the winners and participating schools, students and teachers for their immaculate performances. The Minister also said that these children are very lucky to have a close experience about the conduct of business in the Parliament in their student life because of the National Youth Parliament Scheme run by the Government.Shri Meghwal distributed prizes to schools and students for their meritorious performance in the competition which was held during the academic year. On this occasion, the Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS Manauri, Allahabad, received the Running Parliamentary Shield and Trophy for standing first in the competition. The Vidyalaya presented a short sitting of "Youth Parliament" during the event.
Further, the following schools were awarded Merit trophies for their meritorious performance in the competition:
1. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Bajaj Nagar, Jaipur
2. Kendriya Vidyalaya CRPF, Bhubaneshwar
3. Kendriya VIDYALAYA, CLRI, CHENNAI
4. KendriyaVidyalaya, Sainik Vihar, Delhi
5. KendriyaVidyalaya, Bhawanipatna, Raipur
6. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Palakkad, Ernakulam
7. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.3, Gandhinagar Cantt.
8. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2, BelGAUM, BENGalURU
9. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, STC Jabalpur, Jabalpur
10. Kendriya Vidyalaya, ONGC, Panvel
11. Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS, Hakimpet, Hyderabad
12. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.5, Gwalior
13. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, HBK, Dehradun
14. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pinjore
15. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Khandwa, Bhopal
16. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Meghahatuburu, Ranchi
17. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Armapur, Kanpur
18. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Jallandhar
19. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2, Faridabad
20. Kendriya Vidyalaya, New Bongaigaon
21. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Saharsa, Patna
22. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Command Hospital, Kolkata
23. Kendriya Vidyalaya, North Lakhimpur
24. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Kunjaban
Other dignitaries present on the occasion were Shri S.N. Tripathi, Secretary (Parliamentary Affairs) and other senior officers from the Ministry along with Principals, teachers, students and their parents.