Updated on Sep 21, 2018 12:00:47

 

 

Minister Urges Goi For Early Release Of Grant

Panchayati Raj and Rural Development Minister, Sh. Anil Sharma calls on Union Panchayati Raj Minister, Sh. V. Kishore Chandra S. Deo in New Delhi today.

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News (Vijyender  Sharma)

New Delhi , 22 Apr 2013

Panchayati Raj and Rural Development Minister Shri Anil Sharma today called on Union Panchayati Raj Minister Shri V. Kishore Chandra S. Deo in New Delhi and raised various issues related to the State. Shri Anil Sharma said that Centre had agreed to release the balance amount of around Rs. three crore under backward region grant funds to the State. He said that State was entitled to the grant of Rs 30.22 crore under the fund for Sirmour and Chamba districts of the State. The Chamba district was entitled for the grant of Rs 16.65 crore while the Sirmour district for grant of Rs 13.57 crore for the year 2012-13. He said that Ministry had released 90% amount to the State under the backward region grant funds while the remaining 10% grant had not been released so far though Union Ministry had agreed to release the balance amount of around 3 crore fund to the State immediately.

He said that Central Government had also agreed to declare the Panchayati Raj Training Institute, Baijnath as Extension Training Centre for which the case had already been sent to the Ministry by the State Government. He requested the Union Government to provide funding in the ratio of 90:10 to the State under Rajeev Gandhi Panchayat Shashaktikaran Abhiyan and said that State was getting the funds in the ratio of 75:25 and requested the Union Government to treat the State at par with North Eastern States. Union Minister assured that he would bring the issue of grant of 90:10 to the State to cabinet for favourable decision.Shri Anil Sharma thanked the Union Minister for accepting the demands raised by him.

 

Tags: anil sharma

 

 

related news

 

 

Photo Gallery

 

 

Video Gallery