With the arrest of four accused, ASR/R police has cracked CANARA BANK Cash robbery
1) A Total Of 30 Lacs,80 Thousand Cash Has Been Recovered Out Of 38 Lacs.
2) 2 Cars (Hyundai I-10 Grande) Used In The Crime.
3) Three Weapons
A) One Country Made Pistol .315 Bore + 6 Live Cartridges
B) One Pistol .32 Bore + 7 Live Cartridges
C) One Rifle .12 Bore + 11 Live Cartridges
The details of arrested accused are:
1. Davinder Singh s/o Harvinder Singh r/o Pandori Sukha Singh
2. Beant Singh s/o Lakha Singh r/o Jasterwal
3. Sultan Singh Randhawa s/o Bhola Singh r/o Isapur
4. Palwinder Singh s/o Harjit Singh r/o Jasterwal.
5) Harpreet Singh @ Captain R/O Sultanwind(Still at large).
FIR 160 dt 23.8.18 u/s 379b(2) PS MAJITHA/ASR/R had been registered against unknown persons.Efforts are being made to arrest the remaining one accused and recover the remaining cash amount.It is pertinent to mention here that SHO/Majitha had given instructions regarding bank security to the manager, a week before only but the manager didn't adhere to these instructions which resulted in this incident.
Instructions From Police Department To All The Bank Managers:
1. All cash should be transferred through CASH VANS only, under due protection/security and no private vehicles to be used for transferring cash from one place to another.
2. Prior information to be given to local police station while transferring cash so that necessary security arrangements can be made.
3. Good quality CCTV cameras to be installed in the bank/outside bank with wide area/angle coverage of access/exit points along with surrounding areas.
4. Security guards with weapons to be deployed at all BANKS and ATMs.
5. Proper verification of the locally hired private persons through police should also be undertaken invariably.