Updated on Nov 19, 2018 20:03:58

 

 

Mother, son among four die while repairing pit in Anantnag

Rouf Pampori

Rouf Pampori

5 Dariya News

Anantang , 12 Aug 2018

Four persons including mother and son died due to inhaling of gas while cleaning up a sewage pit in Utrasoo area of Shangus in south Kashmir's Anantnag district on Sunday.Station House Officer (SHO) Utrasoo, Peerzada Ateequllah told GNS that one person namely Mohammad Maqbool Khan started repairing and cleaning up the sewage trench in his house premises at Khanpora village of Utrasoo today morning.While repairing the trench, Maqbool suddenly fell down inside it apparently due to inhaling of some poisonous gas. His wife Shamima Begum and son Sabzar Ahmad Khan along with two of his neighbours, siblings,  jumped inside the trench to save him. however, all of them fell unconscious.As the news spread, hundreds of locals reached the spot and somehow they managed to retrieve all the five persons, SHO said.All of them were immediately taken to PHC Uttrasoo where four of them were declared brought dead, he said.The condition of Maqbool is stated to be critical, the police officer said.SHO identified the deceased as Shamima wife of Mohd Maqbool Khan, their son Sabzar Khan and two brothers Zahid Ahmad Ahanger and Umar Ahmad Ahanger sons of Ghulam Mohd Ahanger. (GNS)

 

Tags: Hadsa

 

 

related news

 

 

Photo Gallery

 

 

Video Gallery