Updated on Jun 16, 2019 08:46:21



Kidnapped minor is back home after 12 days, 1 kidnapper killed

Web Admin

Web Admin

5 Dariya News

Ghaziabad , 06 Feb 2018

A five-year-old minor abducted 12 days ago from the national capital returned safely to his parents on Tuesday, after he was rescued from the kidnappers. One of the kidnappers died in the exchange of fire that led to the boy's rescue."In retaliatory firing by the police team one of the kidnappers was killed. Two of his accomplices received bullet injuries and have been admitted to the Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital," Delhi Special Commissioner of Police (Crime) R.P. Upadhyaya, told reporters.A team led by Delhi Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Ram Gopal Naik managed to rescue the minor safely from the hideout in Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad. "The kid is in state of shock," he said.According to the police, on January 25, the kidnappers abducted the five-year-old child from his school bus when he was on way to his Dilshad Garden, Delhi-located school. The kidnappers shot at the bus driver and fled along with the child.Later, the kidnappers called up his parents and demanded Rs. 60 lakh in ransom for his release. But, instead of giving in to their demand, the parents lodged a complaint with the Delhi Police.Three days later the kidnappers made first ransom call to his parents and spoke in girl's tone asking for Rs 60 lakh," the officer said. 

"The police team with the help of technical surveillance and local intelligence, tracked down the hideout on the fifth floor of the Shalimar City Apartment in Ghaziabad where the boy had been kept," Upadhyaya said.Around 2 a.m on Tuesday, the Delhi Police together with the Ghaziabad police cordoned off the house and challenged the kidnappers, who opened fire.In the ensuing encounter, one of the kidnappers, identified as Ravi (24) was killed, while two of his accomplices Pankaj (21) and Nitin (28) sustained bullet injuries. Amid the melee, the child was rescued safely, according to DCP Naik."A policeman was hit when the kidnappers opened fire. But there were no casualties on our side due to bullet-proof jackets. The kidnappers had even threatened to kill the child," the DCP said.According to the officer, all kidnappers belong to Gokulpuri in Delhi.They used to make videos of the child and would share it over whatsapp with the parents. "They sent the videos of child twice," Naik said.While the investigation of case is still going on, the police believe the child's abduction was most likely information based, as the family had recently made a Rs 57 lakh business deal."We will find that out soon, once the lady who used to work in the house is arrested," he said.The kidnappers had been living flashy lifestyle and were desperately looking for a shortcut, Naik said.





related news



Photo Gallery



Video Gallery