A couple of days after releasing the list of “Dus Numbaris” of Akalis by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), State Convener of the party Gurpreet Singh Waraich today said another ‘feather of Dus Numbari” is added in the “Cap” of Akalis, as plea of its one of the announced Candidate Sucha Singh Langah to seek stay on his conviction of three years’ imprisonment in a corruption case was rejected today by Punjab & Haryana High Court.“Earlier we have given names of 10 Akalis, who were involved in different cases of corruption & narcotics and now one more name of former minister Sucha Singh Langah is added in the list to make it 11”, Waraich said appealing people to judge themselves what type of ‘governance’ Akalis were promising to them and assess whether you want to elect such Government of ‘Dus Nambaris’?Fielding of such a convicted person in the poll fray itself indicates that Badals were taking the people of Punjab forgrantedly and now the time is ripe for people to show them their ‘real face and place’ by routing them out of power with zero representation in the Punjab assembly.
It is pertinent to mention here that the Langah had contended in the Punjab & Haryana High Court that as he had been tasked by the SAD to contest 2017 assembly polls, hence his conviction be stayed.Days after Langah was fielded by the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) as a candidate for Dera Baba Nanak assembly seat for 2017 polls, he had moved the Punjab and Haryana high court, seeking stay on his conviction in a disproportionate assets (DA) case, which was rejected by the honourable High Court today.Langah was convicted in the Rs 13-crore DA case in February 2015 by a SAS Nagar court. Subsequently, his sentencing to a three-year jail term was suspended by a high court bench in March 2015, but the conviction was not stayed.Waraich said per legal experts, Section 8 of the Representation of People’s Act, 1955 bars such persons from contesting elections, who have been convicted for any offence and sentenced to imprisonment for not less than two years.
Waraich reiterated five questions to Badal on behalf of the people of Punjab
1. Is the top criterion to select a candidate is to be a key member of the syndicate drug cartel being run by Bikram Majithia?
2. Does the Badal family want to project scamsters, fraudsters, musclemen, goondas as the faces of the Shiromani Akali Dal in the upcoming assembly polls?
3. Do these people represent the model of governance of the SAD government in practice during the last 10 years of its rule in Punjab?
4. Do Badals believe that Punjab and Punjabis deserve to be ruled by these criminals and scamsters?
5. Do Badals believe that these people can bring about the 'change' that the SAD is promising in the upcoming polls?