Delhi Chief Minister and National Convenor of Aam Aadmi Party today released 51 point Youth Manifesto for Punjab and promised scrap supply chain of drugs within one month of the formation of AAP Government in the state.“We will not only scrap the supply chain of the drugs but also ensure life imprisonment till death for drug suppliers apart from rehabilitation of the drug addicts to bring them in the main stream of life”, Kehriwal said while unveiling the Youth Manifesto of the party.Accompanying with Head of the Manifesto Committee, Kanwar Sandhu and Head of the Youth wing of the party Harjot Bains, Kejriwal said AAP would adopt zero tolerance against corruption and no government contract would be allocated to any MP or MLA or their relatives and it would be ensured that such contracts should be awarded to the youth of the state.
Time bound services would be provided to people and 25 lakh new jobs would be created for the youth; Kejriwal said adding that youth would be turned into job creator instead of job seeker.Delhi CM said that on the pattern of Mohalla clinics in Delhi, in Punjab Pendu Sehat Clinic would be opened in which apart from free treatment, medicines and laboratory tests facilities would also be provided free of cost.Initially Wi-fi facility would be provided in the metro cities of Punjab before spreading it in entire state and Government schools would be upgraded to match the standards of private schools, so that even the poorest of the poor could be capable to get quality education, He added.Kanwar Sandhu said that instead of recruitment of youth on contract basis, they would be paid full salaries even during the time of their probation. Foreign employment Welfare Board would be constituted to assist the youth inspiring to go abroad for higher studies, he added.
Higher Education loan up to Rs 10 lakh would be provided to youth and there would be no application fee for youth who would like to apply for government jobs, Sandhu said.To promote sports in Punjab, Punjab Olympic Mission would be initiated and the AAP government would award Rs five crore for Gold Medal winners, Rs Four crore for Silver Medal winners and Rs three crore to Bronze Medal winners in Olympics, Sandhu announced adding that Sports University would be established in Punjab apart from three sports colleges in each region of the state.Kanshi Ram Youth Skill University would be established in Doaba region of the state and it would be ensured that Teachers would not be allocated any other work apart from teaching, so that students should not suffer.
51 Point Youth Manifesto
1. Make Punjab corruption-free, pass Jan Lokpal Bill, major crackdown on corruption, complete overhaul of governance and use of technology to eliminate scope of corruption
2. Restore faith of the industry in the State and its Government.
3. Create at least 25 lakh jobs and employment opportunities in the State.
4. “Theka-System” controlled by politicians and mafias to be dismantled; contracts shall be awarded to youth on merit.
5. ‘Foreign Employment Youth Board’ to be set up for youth aspiring to study and work abroad.
6. Free Wi-Fi hotspots to be created in all villages, cities and government colleges.
7. Annihilation of Drug Supply Chain within 1 month. Rehabilitation of drug victims within 6 months.
8. Every village will have a Modern Pendu Sehat Clinic, with availability of a doctor, free medicines and free of charge diagnostic tests.
9. Discipline private schools and stop arbitrary fee hike.
10. False cases foisted on the people of Punjab by the Akali Dal-BJP to be withdrawn.
11. Huge Emphasis on education; Government schools and colleges to be made better than private counterparts.
12. Higher Education Guarantee Scheme providing loans up to Rs 10 lakhs without collaterals.
13. Abolish application fee for government jobs, exam centers in every district headquarters.
14. Make sports a mass movement and introduce “Punjab Olympic Mission” to produce Olympic medalists
1. Make Punjab corruption-free and restore faith of the industry in the credibility of State and its Government.
AAP government will launch a massive drive to root out corruption from all levels of administration and restore the credibility of the Government of Punjab and the prestige of State of Punjab as the pre-eminent destination for setting up businesses, industry and trade. To this end, the anti-corruption investigation and enforcement wings of the government including the Lokayukt shall be given greater powers and autonomy so that Punjab becomes a corruption-free State.
2. 25 lakh jobs and employment opportunities will be created in next five years.
Our endeavour is to make the Punjab youth ‘job creators’ instead of ‘job seekers’. The AAP Government will create employment and entrepreneurship opportunities in both rural and urban areas.
3. Entrepreneurship and Skilling Centers (ESC) in every block.
AAP Government will set up 147 Entrepreneurship and Skilling Centers, one in each block. Special emphasis will be on Agriculture and Allied industries i.e. Food Processing, Dairy Farming, Horticulture, Maize & Cotton related Industries etc.
4. Punjab Launch Pad Hubs (Incubators) in 10 major cities of Punjab.
Incubation Centers called Punjab Launch Pads will be set up in 10 major cities of Punjab namely Mohali, Batala, Pathankot, Ludhiana, Patiala, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Hoshiarpur, Ferozepur and Amritsar. This will help the youth of Punjab to turn their dreams of becoming innovators and entrepreneurs into reality with access to technology, infrastructure, finance, industry mentors and market opportunities being provided at the Launch Pads.
5. Foreign Employment Youth Board
Foreign Employment Youth Board with 5 branches in Jalandhar, Amritsar, Mohali, Ludhiana and Sangrur will be created to advise and train youth for foreign jobs in collaboration with embassies and missions of foreign countries. The board will also set up training institutes to help the youth prepare for tests like IELTS, PTE, etc.
6. Punjab Overseas Employment Corporation
Punjab Overseas Employment Corporation will be set up to promote employment of Punjab youth overseas. This will work in conjunction with the Foreign Employment Youth Board.
7. Kanshi Ram Youth Skill University in Doaba region.
A Skill University called the ‘Kanshi Ram Youth Skill University’ will be set up in Doaba Region, with two regional campuses in Malwa and Majha. The university will conduct advanced studies in skill development and train the trainers who will run skilling programs in Punjab.
8. Free Wi-fi hot-spots in all villages, cities and government colleges.
Free Wi-fi hot-spots will be created in all villages, cities and government colleges. This will provide connectivity to hundreds of thousands of youth in both rural and urban areas.
9. Abolition of Mafia Raj
AAP Government will root out the mafia raj from government contracts. No MP, MLA, Minister and their direct relatives will be eligible for government contracts. Youth will be preferred for the award of government contracts. The existing system wherein Thekas of all kinds, be it liquor vends, sand and bajri contracts, parking lots, canteens or transport permits are cornered by the cartels controlled by either political houses directly or by their proxies, will be dismantled. A high level probe will be ordered to look into all previous allotments and alteration in the policies for unlawful gains at the cost of the state exchequer.
10. Mata Gujri Training Academy for Girls
Mata Gujri Training Academy for Girls will be opened to equip girls for recruitment into state and central police forces, BSF and paramilitary forces. This will be the first of its kind of academy to train and educate the young women of Punjab to enter the police and paramilitary forces. AAP believes that only strong women make a strong nation.
11. Creation of Micro Finance Industry
The AAP Government will create micro finance industry on a large scale. State Finance Corporation will be revived and through appropriate regulatory framework an enabling environment for private micro finance players shall be created.
12. Abolition of Application Fee
There will be no application fee for applying to government jobs (currently fees range from Rs.500/- to Rs.3000/-). Job Qualifying Exam Centers will also be created in every district headquarter to make them easily accessible to job seekers from far flung areas. Interviews will be abolished and selection to be purely on academic merit to root out sifarish and graft.
13. Full Pay during Probation Period
The Aam Aadmi Party will stop the current system of employing doctors, teachers and other professionals in government services on basic pay only. Employment will be as per grade pay and probation period will be rolled back to the earlier system of two years. In addition, 1.25 lakh vacant government jobs will be filled up.
14. Demands of Unemployed Youth to be considered
Demands of all youth organizations who have requisite skills but have been forced to go on agitational path because of government’s unjust and erroneous policies, will be considered.
15. Drugs Supply Chain will be annihilated within one month
Drugs Supply Chain will be annihilated within one month of forming the government. The process of rehabilitation of drug victims will start immediately in order to produce significant results within 6 months. A special Drug Task Force to be created within Punjab Police at State and district levels to crackdown on sale and supply of drugs and high level investigation will be launched to investigate the involvement of politicians and police officers in drug trade. Guilty will be sent to jail and their properties confiscated.
16. False cases foisted on the people of Punjab by the Akali Dal-BJP to be withdrawn
All politically motivated and false cases including fabricated NDPS cases will be withdrawn. Action will be taken against guilty policemen and politicians for implicating the youth of Punjab in false cases.
17. Round the Clock Anti-Drug Toll-Free Number
A round the clock anti-drug toll-free number will be started where people may sting and report on drug dealers to the government. This will make every person of Punjab an anti-drug dealer inspector and put fear in the drug supply chain.
18. Special Law to give Life Imprisonment till Death for Guilty Drug Dealers
Special law will be enacted to give life imprisonment till death for drug dealers after being found guilty. Assets of all such convicts would be seized and auctioned.
19. Facilitate post-treatment rehabilitation of drug users
Facilitate post-treatment rehabilitation of drug users to prevent relapse which is a major challenge.
• Trade and Industry will be incentivized in different ways to encourage it to give jobs to rehabilitated drug addicts. This step aims to bring victims of the drug trade back into the mainstream and enable them to lead a normal life.
• All drug rehabilitated victims after due treatment will be guaranteed admissions in government educational institutions and sport academies, according to their eligibility.
20. Free De-Addiction Treatment in all Government De-Addiction and Rehabilitation Centers
Free de-addiction treatment will be provided in all government de-addiction and rehabilitation centers. Methods of de-addiction in all government and private de-addiction centers will regulated and standardized. There will also be a cap on the fees charged by private de-addiction and rehabilitation centers.
21. Trained Psychiatrists to be Appointed
Trained Psychiatrists required for rehabilitation of drug addicts will be hired to man all drug rehabilitation centers.
22. Local Body and Panchayat Election Candidates to Compulsorily Sign a Drug Free Affidavit
All candidates contesting Local Body and Panchayat elections will have to compulsorily sign an affidavit declaring themselves to be drug free. We will also campaign for appropriate changes in the Representation of People’s Act (Central Government legislation) to make it mandatory for the assembly and parliamentary election candidates to also sign similar affidavits.
23. Random Mandatory Drug Tests for Election Candidates at the Time of Filing Nominations
Random mandatory drug tests of blood and urine samples for election candidates will be conducted at the time of filing of nominations in the presence of DC and CMO of the district so that elected representatives lead by example in creating a statewide anti-addiction temperament and environment.
24. Modern Pendu Sehat Clinic in Every Village
Every village will have a modern Pendu Sehat Clinic, with availability of a doctor, free medicines and free of charge diagnostic tests.
25. “School of Addiction Studies” to be Set Up
A “School of Addiction Studies” will be set up which would award bachelors and masters in addiction studies to about 150 students a year. This would be a first in Asia and will be modeled on the lines of Hazeldon Graduate School of Addiction Studies, USA.
26. Education will be the Top-Most Priority
Education will be the top-most priority of the AAP government. AAP will make a substantial increase in Education Budget, on the lines of AAP’s Delhi model.
27. Make all Government Educational Institutions better than Private Counterparts
We are committed to making all government educational institutions - schools, colleges & Universities - better than private counterparts in infrastructure and teaching quality. The Aam Aadmi Party wishes to make government schools and colleges the first choice of students and parents.
28. Free Bus Travel Facility for Students
Free bus travel facility for all school and college students will be provided. Students will be given ‘Sikhia Card’ to avail this facility. For college-going students, the government will run buses with CCTV Cameras.
29. Exclusive bus services for girls and women students
Exclusive bus services for girls and women students will be started.
30. CCTV cameras in every Government School
CCTV cameras will be installed in government schools so that the parents can monitor their wards while at school at any point of time.
31. Free Laptops on Admission to 9th Class
On admission to 9th class, students will be given free laptops at the beginning of the session, under the Chief Minister’s Student Benefit Scheme.
32. 29,000 Vacant Posts of School Teachers to be Filled
All 29,000 vacant posts of school teachers in primary, middle and secondary schools will be filled up.
33. Every Primary School to have at least 5 Teachers
Every primary school in the state will have at least 5 teachers - one teacher each for English, Punjabi, Hindi, Maths and Physical Education, instead of the current single or two teacher schools.
34. Introduce Skill Development from Class 9 onwards
Skill Development and Career Counseling will be introduced in government schools from class 9 onwards.
35. Higher Education Scholarship Scheme for Meritorious Girls
In addition to the existing schemes, Higher Education Scholarship Scheme for meritorious girls, passing class 10 with distinction (above 85 per cent), will be provided up to the level of post graduation.
36. Teachers will be Empowered and Tasked only for Teaching
Teachers will be empowered and tasked only for teaching so that they can give their best to the students. No other government work will be given to them. Estate Managers will be appointed in all government schools for administrative and other jobs like provision of clean drinking water and toilets, maintenance of playground, working lights and fans etc. A total of 3861 Estate Managers - one for five schools - will be appointed.
37. Annual Audit of all Private Education Institutions
All private education institutions in Punjab will have a mandatory annual audit for greater transparency in their functioning. Private schools will be disciplined and a stop will be put on the arbitrary and unreasonable fee hike.
38. Facilities for Differently-Abled Children
Buildings of educational institutions will be made friendly towards “differently-abled children”. Admission to such children will NOT be denied, unless a doctor certifies otherwise.
39. Complete Modernization of the Syllabi of the Punjab School Education Board
Complete modernization of the syllabi of the Punjab School Education Board with special focus on exposure to trade and industry will be done so that education becomes job and market oriented.
40. All High Schools to have Hi-Tech Computer Labs
All High and Senior Secondary Schools will have fully equipped computer labs.
41. Curb the Exploitation of Private School Teachers
Our government will enact a law to end exploitation of teachers in many non-government schools to ensure quality teaching in private schools too.
42. Higher Education Guarantee Scheme
To ensure that no child is deprived of higher education for want of money, AAP will introduce Higher Education Guarantee Scheme on the Delhi pattern to provide education loans up to Rs 10 lakhs against government guarantee. Only confirmed admission in a college would be needed to avail the loan.
43. Eminence to Genuine Educationalists
Appointment of all Vice Chancellors, Professor and Lecturers will be depoliticized and jobs given to eminent educationalists.
44. Residential Hostels for Students and Working Professionals
Residential Hostels for students and working professionals in all district headquarters on PPP Model.
45. New Colleges to be set up:
• Three New Medical Colleges with training for Nursing and Para-Medical will be established. The existing three medical colleges will be upgraded by increasing their seats.
• The government will establish two new Rural Institutes of Higher Learning (Engineering/ Management) – purely for rural students, in addition to the one in Talwandi Sabo. These will be in partnership with NRIs and a Corpus will be created for their smooth running. These will be set up in Gurdaspur and Ferozepur.
• Two new Degree Colleges in Barnala and Pathankot.
• One Hospitality and Hotel Management College to be opened in Ludhiana.
• An Institute for Film and Media will be established in Mohali to cater to the increasing interest of Punjabi youth in film and television industry.
46. Revision in Curriculum of Professional Education Institutes
Curriculum of engineering and technology colleges in Punjab will be revised to match international standards. Curriculum of all Management, Pharma and B.Ed colleges will also be restructured.
47. Working of Constituent Colleges
All Constituent Colleges working under various Universities in Punjab will be taken over and run as government colleges.
48. “Punjab Olympic Mission” and Mass Sports Movement
“Punjab Olympic Mission” to be launched in 2017, to motivate and encourage Punjab sportspersons to earn laurels for the state.
• Towards this end, 500 talented sports students will be identified from schools each year. They will be adopted by the State and provided world class training and other facilities free of cost (specialized coaching, diet, equipment etc) throughout their sporting career.
• Sports facilities will be created in each school, college, village and city for competitive and recreational sports.
• To kick-start the sports movement, league matches will be held and coaches will be made available at all levels from block upwards.
49. Budget for Sports will be increased
Budget for Sports will be increased substantially.
50. Reward for Medal Winners to be increased
Prize Money for excellence in international and national events, including Olympics, will be made better than any other Indian state. For Olympic winners of gold, silver and bronze medals, prize money will be hiked to Rs 5, 4 and 3 crores respectively, instead of Rs 1 crore, 50 lakh and 25 lakh currently. Additionally, requisite increase of prize money for all other competitions, including participation in national games, will be done.
S. No Competition Reward (Gold) Reward (Silver) Reward (Bronze)
1. Olympics 5 crores 4 crores 3 crores
2. Asian 3 crores 2 crores 1 crore
3. Commonwealth 1 crore 0.75 crores 0.50 crores
4. World Cup (4 yr) 1 crore 0.75 crores 0.50 crores
51. Establish Sports University
AAP will establish a Sports University with international sports facilities. Three Sports Colleges - one each in every region (Majha, Malwa & Doaba) – will be set up. In addition to the existing two sports schools in Doaba and Malwa regions, one more sports school will be set up in the Majha region.