In view of the decision of the Centre Government to defer the conduct of National Eligibility and Entrance Test for admissions in government medical colleges for one year, Sh. Anil Joshi, Medical Education & Research Minister Punjab has issued directions to the department to make immediate preparations for the conduct of the test. Disclosing this here today, Sh. Joshi said that in all probability, this test will be conducted on June 12 and the exact date will be uploaded on the website of the department as well as of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot which is to conduct this test. The Minister has informed that all those who have applied earlier on the portal of Baba Farid University need not apply and pay fee again and the registration number etc. already allotted will be valid for the proposed test. Earlier the registration portal was closed in view of the apex court decision three days before the closing date. This web portal for new registrations will be opened again by the Baba Farid University for three days i.e. upto 25.5.16. The University authorities have been advised to issue an advertisement in the leading newspapers as well as on website of department/University for the information of all aspiring students so that there is no confusion of any kind. The University has already uploaded the mock test on its website so that students can get guidance in regard to preparation for the said test, added Mr Joshi. The Minister said that directions has already been issued to the department to conduct the test in a most transparent and efficient manner and has wished good luck to all those taking the test.