Addressing a well attended public meeting at Lower Basal in Kutlehar assembly constituency of Una district today, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh announced
• Community Centre to be constructed at Bassal & Kotla Khurd
• Irrigation scheme for Badoli, ordered for survey.
• Upgradation of Health Sub-Centre Basal to Primary Health Centre
• Construction of Link road from Ghandawal- Rajputaan to Badoli
• Starting of commerce classes in GSSS Kuriyala from this academic session
• Construction of Link road from SC habitation Galua to Swan river ward 6
• Ayurvedic dispensary at Rainsari
• Building for existing Veterinary dispensary at Badoli
• Upgradation of Government High School Panoh to Government Senior Secondary School.
Speaking on the Panchayati Raj, Chief Minister said that it was former Prime Minister late Rajeev Gandhi who strengthened and re-shaped the Panchayati Raj System in the country.Development was a continuous process and the Government intends to fulfill all the demands of all the panchayats but there were few constraints due to topography and finances if the works were to be done in one go, he said, adding that development was a continuous and never ending process. Shri Virbhadra Singh said in recent Panchayat elections more women candidates were elected and he hoped that the women Pradhans would work more sincerely for equitable development of their areas than their men counterparts.Democracy is a key to equitable development, to raise the voice against wrong and to work equally for all, he said, adding that the elected panchayat representatives should devote themselves to the welfare of their people.He said that the Government had taken up the issue of increase in honorarium of Aanganwadi workers.
Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated the sub-jail at Administrative block at Bangarh in Una completed with an outlay of Rs 5.20 crore and also inaugurated residences for doctors and staff of regional hospital Una to cost Rs 1.22 crore.Pradhan, Gram Panchayat, Lower Bassal, Shri Des Raj welcomed and honoured the Chief Minister and other dignitaries present on the occasion.Industries Minister Shri Mukesh Agnihotri, Chairman, State Finance Commission, Shri Kuldeep Kumar, DCC President, Shri Virendar Dharmani, BCC President, Shri Ravinder Fauji, Chairman, General Industries Corporation, Shri Surinderpal Thakur, President, Mahila Congress, Ms. Urmil Sharma, President, Youth Congress Una, Shri Sumit Sharma, Member, BoD, GIC, Shri Sanjeev Saini were also present on the occasion amongst others.