The Punjab government has renamed the historic town of Anandpur Sahib, the birth place of Khalsa panth as Sri Anandpur Sahib. It may be mentioned here that Mr. Parkash Singh Badal , Chief Minister, Punjab on the occasion of 350th anniversay celebrations of inception of this town announced to rename it as Sri Anandpur Sahib.Anandpur Sahib was founded in 1665 by the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur.The place later came to be known as Anandpur Sahib. Baisakhi in 1999, at Anandpur Sahib marked the completion of 300 years of the birth of the Khalsa. It was on Baisakhi day in 1699 that Guru Gobind Singh baptised the Panj Pyaras at the place where Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib stands. The Punjab government had also set up a world class museum Virasat-e-Khalsa here.According to an official spokesman, a notification in this regard has been issued by Additional Chief Secretary & Financial Commissioner Revenue.